- 1 Home remedy for cleaning bathtub
- 2 Cleaning bathtub with vinegar and dawn
- 3 How to clean bathtub with bleach?
- 4 How to clean bathtub with baking soda?
- 5 What is the fastest way to clean a dirty bathtub?
- 6 How to clean bathtub without scrubbing?
- 7 Q&A
- 8 Conclusion:
Many homeowners want to know how to clean a disgusting bathtub. They know it’s important to clean the bathtub regularly to prevent mold, mildew build-up, and soap scum. These fungus and impurities can quickly turn a charming bathtub into a disgusting one.
Therefore, effective solutions required to keep the bathtub clean and impressive. It won’t be an easy task to get rid of impurities if you haven’t cleaned your tub for a long time. It isn’t impossible though!
Even though bathtub stains appear impossible to remove, some home remedies and cleaning products can easily remove them. You can some effective home remedies for regular cleaning. Vinegar is one of the most widely used products for bathroom cleaning.
You can also use baking soda and bleach to get rid of tough bathtub stains. Home remedies may not offer satisfying results if the bathtub wasn’t cleaned for a long time. You can try 20 Mule Team All Natural Borax Detergent Booster to remove accumulated impurities.
Now, you have some idea about how to clean a disgusting bathtub. Homeowners often pick toxic cleaning products to clean bathroom, sink, tiles, bathtub, and other areas. These products not only clean, but also affect the natural appeal of tiles, bathtubs, sink, etc.
Avoid harmful cleaning products and apply the methods shown in this post to keep your bathtub and bathroom clean.
Home remedy for cleaning bathtub
People do not realize that they don’t need a cleaning product to keep the bathtub clean. A variety of home remedies exist to clean it. You just need to pick a method that offers the best results.
Yes, it is true that a single ingredient cannot do all the jobs. That’s why we have picked home remedy for cleaning bathtub, which contains ingredients highly effective against mold, mildew, odor, tough stains, and scale.
This post is going to introduce some simple but powerful home remedies to get rid of accumulated impurities, germs, and bacteria in the bathroom. So, continue reading to find the best home remedy for cleaning bathtub.
Cleaning bathtub with vinegar and dawn
Cleaning bathtub with vinegar and dawn is inexpensive and easy. This home remedy does not cause any sort of damage to your bathtub. It is the simplest and probably the cheapest remedy to get rid of soap scum, grease, and grime.
Even though you can find some alternatives, vinegar and dawn are easily available at every home. Therefore, it is the best home remedy to clean a disgusting bathtub. It is safe, effective, fast, and quite affordable.
Things you need:
Get these four supplies and then follow the below explained steps for cleaning bathtub with vinegar and dawn:
- Spray equal quantities of white vinegar and dawn on your bathtub.
- Wait for an hour.
- Now scrub the bathtub with the brush to remove accumulated impurities.
It may take a few attempts to get rid of soap scum! However, this solution will work pretty well to get rid of mold, mildew, and other impurities. It is a non-toxic cure you can apply to keep the bathtub clean.
Most of the families use white vinegar and dawn. Suppose you don’t have any or both of these ingredients, you can easily buy them from a local Super Market. Use the two suggested ingredients to clean your bathtub at least twice a week and your bathtub will soon shine like a new one.
How to clean bathtub with bleach?
Bleach is another widely used household cleaning agent. It became quite popular because of its properties as a fungicide. Bleach can easily kill and remove mold. It is a non-toxic cleaning product that you can use anywhere in your house to get rid of mold and mildew problem.
It also works as a disinfectant. Clean your bathtub with bleach and it will kill all the germs and bacteria residing there. So, let’s find out how to clean bathtub with bleach.
Things you need to clean the bathtub with bleach:
Get the above listed supplies and now follow the below given steps to clean bathtub with bleach.
- Rinse your bathtub thoroughly with warm water and use a sponge to clean removable grime.
- Wear your safety gloves, goggles, and mask.
- Now mix ½ cup quantity of bleach into 1 gallon water. Blend both ingredients perfectly to prepare a perfect cleaning solution.
- Now use that cleaning solution to wipe the entire bathtub. Soak the sponge into bleach and then wipe the entire bathtub.
- Let the bleach stay for at least 30 minutes.
- Clean the bathtub with clean water.
- Tough scale and grime may not remove in the first attempt. So, now blend bleach and baking soda to prepare a paste. Apply that paste over tough grimes and rub this paste over those impurities for a few minutes.
- Clean bathtub with cold water and there will be no stains.
That’s how to clean bathtub with bleach.
How to clean bathtub with baking soda?
Dirty and disgusting bathtub can quickly affect your health. Regular use of such tubs can cause serious health and skin issues. You should not ignore those germs, mold, and grime when cleaning solutions are so cheap.
Everyone keeps baking soda at home. It is an excellent ingredient, when it comes to cleaning dirty bathtubs. The process is quite simple. You may already have all the ingredients required to clean your bathtub with a perfect baking soda solution.
What you need to clean the bathtub with baking soda? Here is the list:
- Rinse your bathtub with warm water. Use a mug to spread warm water all over the tub.
- Now sprinkle baking soda all over the bathtub.
- Blend 1tbsp dish soap in 2-gallon water.
- Now, soak a sponge or brush in soapy water and scrub the entire bathtub.
- Use the soapy water as much as required to clean grime and soap ring of the bathtub.
- Tough scale may not remove easily. So, sprinkle some quantity of baking soda directly on the scrubbing brush and then scrub the bathtub.
- Now, rinse the entire bathtub with clean water.
Your bathtub will look much cleaner than before. Try this method a few times in a week to offer your bathtub new-like appeal. That is how to clean bathtub with baking soda the best way.
What is the fastest way to clean a dirty bathtub?
So, you want to know how to clean a disgusting bathtub faster. You need the 20 Mule Team Borax to get optimum outcomes without putting too much effort in cleaning. The 20 Mule Team has prepared this cleaning agent from Sodium Borate. You can get this product below.
It acts like a mild abrasive. Therefore, you can use it to remove bathtub soap scum, mold, mildew, and it can also remove tough scale within a few minutes. Follow the below-given steps to use 20 Mule Team Borax to clean bathtub faster:
- Rinse your bathtub with warm water.
- Sprinkle some quantity of Borax onto a damp sponge.
- Scrub the entire bathtub with that Borax sprinkled sponge.
- Sprinkle borax directly on tough bathtub stains and scale to remove it quickly.
- Rinse your bathtub with cold water and there will be no grime, no scale, and now soap scum.
20 mule team borax uses
20 Mule Team Borax basically works as a detergent booster, but you can also use it as:
How to clean bathtub without scrubbing?
Most of us hate scrubbing, especially when cleaning the bathroom. It not only hurts our hands, but also causes scratches and damage on bathroom surface. Therefore, numerous homeowners search how to clean a disgusting bathtub without scrubbing.
Is it possible to clean a dirty bathtub without scrubbing? Yes, it is possible to do and you need the following things to clean it perfectly.
- Pour ¼ cup heated vinegar in a spray bottle.
- Blend ¼ cup quantity of liquid dish detergent in vinegar.
- Shake the spray bottle to blend both ingredients.
- Spray the cleaning mixture on soap scum and other dirty regions of bathtub.
- Wait for 10-15 minutes and then wipe the treated areas with a soft sponge.
The job is done and your bathtub will look much cleaner now. This is how to clean bathtub without scrubbing.
Does bleach damage bathtub?
Yes, undiluted bleach is strong enough to cause permanent discoloration. Therefore, you should dilute it before pouring it on the bathtub.
Is it safe to mix vinegar and dawn dish soap?
Yes, it is safe to blend vinegar and Dawn dish soap. Both work exceptionally well to remove tough bathtub stains.
How do you remove ingrained dirt from a bath?
You should spray vinegar on ingrained dirt to remove it from the bathtub. Or, you can use baking soda, Castile soap, and tea tree oil blend to get the best results.
Can you leave bleach in bathtub overnight?
No, just 15-20 minutes are enough to get rid of toughest bathtub or bathroom stains when you are using bleach. Dilute it and then spray it over bathtub stains to clean it perfectly.
Regular cleaning methods do not work when it comes to cleaning the bathtub without damaging its surface. We have shared the most effective cleaning solutions in this post.
Now, you know how to clean a disgusting bathtub to remove all types of impurities. So, try the suggested methods to get a clean and attractive bathtub to enjoy therapeutic baths.